Stainless Steel Flanges are one of the most popular metals used today. This metal differs from many other metals due to its physical properties, including good corrosion resistance, durability, etc. Several varieties of industrial, commercial and household gadgets are created using this metal. SS Flanges are one of the most popular flanges created out of this metallic. These Flanges are supported with the aid of using sure add-ons that are additionally crafted from stainless metallic. Stainless metallic flanges are one such accent used to aid SS Flanges. There is a tremendous sort of flanges to be had for purchase. This publish discusses 8 essential forms of flanges which you have to understand about.
Types of Stainless Steel Flanges
- Weld Neck Flanges: These Stainless Steel Flanges are used by their protruding necks. Welded neck flanges are best known for use in various service conditions such as subzero or elevated temperatures and high pressure.
- Slip-On Flanges: These are the cheapest range of flanges available. Slip-on flanges, as the name suggests, should be easier to slide over the pipe, so they have a slightly larger diameter than the pipe.
- Blind Flanges: The flanges are manufactured without a bore, and are used to seal vessel openings or piping structures. Blind flanges are best used when piping structures or tanks require consistent inspection. SS Blind Flanges can without problems deal with excessive pressure brought on because of inner strain.
- Threaded Flanges: Threaded Flanges are also called screwed flanges, and have a thread inside the flange hole that fits the pipe with a matching male thread on the pipe. Threaded flanges are used for special applications and can be easily assembled without welding. SS threaded flanges are compatible with pipes with external threads.
- Lap Joint Flanges: Lap flanges are the type of slip flanges that are used with ferrule fittings. Lap joints are also referred to as swivel joints, swivel joint flanges are ideal for piping systems that require regular inspection and maintenance, such as low alloy steel.
- Socket Weld Flanges: Flanges are synthetic to be used on small diameter pipelines challenge to immoderate stress. Socket flanges have internal welds that contribute their electricity beyond the tight limit. These flanges are used within the chemical processing industry.
- Ring–Type Joint Flanges: These flanges are used for immoderate stress & temperature applications. O-ring sealing flanges are specifically synthetic grooves that can be effortlessly compressed to form a blind, sliding, or welded flange.